Showing posts from February, 2017

Do Not Try This At Home (really, don't do this...)

It was cold and we wanted to warm up by a fire. We checked the matches cupboard, and the cupboard was bare.

Always a problem solver, I eyed the distance between the gas stove and the wood burning fireplace. Could my human light the quick start log on the burner and make it in time (kids, seriously, do not try this at home)?

We opened the metal curtains, cleared the pathway, and took the metal grate off the stove burner. We lit the log and ran! The quick burning log cover was nearly gone by the time it was in the nearby fireplace, and we frantically stuffed kindling underneath to stoke the dwindling fire. When my other mom got home, she shook her head and revealed more matches!